The legal aspects of retirement revolve around proper planning in order to protect yourself, your assets, and your loved ones. Creating a will and estate planning will benefit your family in the long run and provide a smooth experience for all heirs during the probate process. Devising a legal plan with your estate planning lawyer is important to ensure that your estate will be divided amongst your heirs based on your decisions. Elder Law and Special Needs are highly specialized areas of law, and should be handled only by qualified elder law and special needs attorneys.
You need an elder law and special needs attorney if
- You or your loved one is over 55 years
- For persons with disabilities
- For Medicaid planning
- Special needs trust planning
- Someone is a beneficiary or a fiduciary
- you want to know your options for public benefits